ICGS needs your support. Annual dues pay for guest speakers, website maintenance, handout materials, hospitality, publicity, and other administrative costs. In addition to monthly lectures (open to the public free of charge), members benefit from the camaraderie of networking with other local members researching their roots and receive free access to the Members area of this website.
Annual membership dues are:
$15.00 per person $20.00 per family (Two or more at same address)
The membership year starts January 1.
Download our membership application
and send it with dues payment (payable to Ingham County Genealogical Society) to:
ICGS Attn: Membership
P.O. BOX 85
Mason, MI 48854
For more information about membership, contact:
- Every person interested in genealogy, history or biography, either amateur or professional, may become a member of the Society.
- Membership shall be either Active, Honorary, or Associate.
- Active members only shall vote, hold office and serve on committees.
- Active membership (open only to individuals) shall be obtained by the payment of dues, the amount of which shall be determined by vote of the Society.
- Honorary membership (without dues) shall be conferred by 2/3 vote of the active membership present at a regular meeting of the Society.
- Associate membership (without vote) shall be available to organizations upon payment of regular annual dues.
- Annual dues shall be payable at the December meeting of the Society.
- Any member failing to pay dues allowing the expiration of the paid-up membership shall be notified in writing of the delinquency.
- If the dues are unpaid by March 31, the member shall be dropped from membership.
- Dues from new members paid after September 30th will apply to the new year.
- All records and data compiled by the Society shall be accessible to members. Members using such data in publication shall make acknowledgment of the source. The Society is entitled to authorize publication of any material in its holdings.